Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise, but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. (Ephasians 5:15-17 ESV)
(of a state or situation) requiring immediate action or attention : the situation is far more urgent than politicians are admitting. See note at crucial .
• (of action or an event) done or arranged in response to such a situation : she needs urgent treatment.
• (of a person or their manner) earnest and persistent in response to such a situation : an urgent whisper.
of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, survival, or well-being : important habitats for wildlife | it is important to avoid monosyllabic answers | [ sentence adverb ] the speech had passion and, more important, compassion.
• (of a person) having high rank or status.
• (of an artist or artistic work) significantly original and influential.
- Our little girl asking us to sit down and read a book, but we were too busy checking emails?
- Our teenager wanting us to meet her for lunch, but we have too many errands to run?
- Our kids begging to go to the pool, but we say it’s just too hot outside…so we stay home and mow the lawn instead?
- How the cabinets and floors sparkled every Saturday night in preparation for a new week?
- How much fun dad always had playing golf every Saturday?
- How mom sat at the computer every waking hour of the day? (Stepping on my own toes bigtime)
- How dad’s coworkers respected him because he was at the office by 7:00 am and didn’t leave work until after 7:00 pm?
- How there was always one more thing that had to be done before they could go out and play?
- The laundry room is overflowing, but my kids want us to bake cookies and watch a movie. We may be going naked next week.
- I’m really not hungry and need to go to Wal-Mart before Marlee gets out of school, but Miranda and her boyfriend want me to meet them for lunch at La Fogata. Am I going to remember going to Wal-Mart (again) or having lunch with my soon-to-be-in-college daughter? So what if they only want me there so I will pay?
- I had to be up early to work Friday morning, but the premier of the much anticipated Hunger Games movie was at midnight that particular Thursday night and Trevor really wanted to go.